Requirements for Importers
1.1 Requirements for Importers
- All pharmaceutical products to be imported must be in the essential list drug approved by the Ministry of Health Development (MoHD).
- All importation of pharmaceutical products must be done by importers who poses valid licenses from the Ministry of Health and/ Ministry of Trade Development (MoTD).
- All importers must import pharmaceuticals through the authorized Point of Entry (PoE).
- No entity shall import pharmaceutical products of no less than a shelf life of 12 months upon entry.
1.2 Procedure for Importation of Pharmaceutical Products
Authorized importer intending to import pharmaceuticals shall apply to SQCC department of Quality Assurance and Inspection, filling in application form (market authorization form ‘Annex A’).
The application form shall be accompanied by the following document
i. Importing authority/individual should poses valid license from Ministry of Health.
ii. Market authorization form
iii. Packing list
iv. Certificate of origin
v. Certificate of analysis
NB: All applications shall be submitted one day before the arrival of the consignment to avoid delays in the issuance of importing permit time.
1.3 Processing of application
- Upon receiving the application as specified above, SQCC will scrutinize to verify whether the requirements have been fulfilled.
- If the application meets the prescribed requirements, SQCC will issue an import permit (Annex B).
- An application will be rejected if it does not meet any of the importation requirements.
- All applications will be processed within two (2) working days with exception of special requests which may take a longer period.
1.4 Special importation requirement
- The same application requirements and procedures as prescribed under sections 1.3 and 1.4 respectively shall apply.